INFORMATION WE COLLECT AND HOW WE USE IT
We may collect, transmit, and store information about you in connection with your use of the Service, including any information you send to or through the Service. We use that information to provide the Service’s functionality, fulfill your requests, improve the Service’s quality, engage in research and analysis relating to the Service, personalize your experience, track usage of the Service, provide feedback to third party businesses that are listed on the Service, display relevant advertising, market the Service, provide customer support, message you, back up our systems, allow for disaster recovery, enhance the security of the Service, and comply with legal obligations. Even when we do not retain such information, it still must be transmitted to our servers initially and stored long enough to process
Additionally, please note:
- Account Information: When you create a Cravvings account, we store and use the information you provide during that process, such as the first and last name you enter, email address, physical address, and any other information you may provide during the account creation process, such as a gender, phone number, or birth date. We may publicly display the first name and last initial that you provide, as well as any photo or other content you submit through the account creation process, as part of your account profile. We also store and use any preferences you provide to personalize your user experience, including dining and activity preferences. You can later modify some of the account information you provide through your account settings. If you believe that someone has created an unauthorized account using your personal information, you can request its removal by flagging it.
- Public Content: Your contributions to the Service are intended for public consumption and are therefore viewable by the public, including your photos, ratings, reviews and lists. Your account profile (e.g., first name, last initial, city, neighborhood, the month and year you created your Cravvings account, profile photos and list of friends on Cravvings) is also intended for public consumption, as is some of your other activity through the Service, like how you vote on other people’s contributions (e.g., useful, funny, cool, helpful, or not helpful), which contributions you like, which contributions or users you follow, and which businesses you follow or bookmark. You can limit the public nature of some of these activities through your account settings.
- Communications: When you sign up for an account or use certain features, you are opting to receive messages from other users, businesses, and Cravvings. You can manage some of your messaging preferences through your account settings, but note that you cannot opt out of receiving certain administrative, transactional, or legal messages from us.
- Activity: We may store information about your use of our Services, such as your search activity, the pages you view, the date and time of your visit, and the businesses you call using our mobile applications. We also may store information that your computer or mobile device provides to us in connection with your use of our Services, such as your browser type, type of computer or mobile device, browser language, IP address, mobile carrier, unique device identifier, location, and requested and referring URLs.
- Different Devices: You may access the Service through different devices (e.g. your mobile phone or personal computer). The information that we collect and store through those different uses may be cross-referenced and combined.
We may share information about you with third parties as follows:
We may share user information in the aggregate with third parties, such as advertisers and content distributors. For example, we may disclose the number of users that have been exposed to, or clicked on, advertisements.
Information shared with Restaurants
We may share information from or about you and your use of our Services (such as which businesses you bookmark or dining preferences) with Restaurants on Cravvings. We do not control the privacy practices of restaurants. Please contact the restaurant directly if you want to learn about its privacy practices.
We may investigate and disclose information from or about you if we have a good faith belief that such investigation or disclosure is (a) reasonably necessary to comply with legal process; (b) helpful to prevent, investigate, or identify possible wrongdoing in connection with our Services; or (c) protect our rights, reputation, property, or that of our users, affiliates, or the public. This may involve the sharing of your information with law enforcement, government agencies, courts, and/or other organizations on account of legal request such as subpoena, court order or government demand to comply with the law.
Our Services may contain links to unaffiliated third party websites. Except as set forth herein, we do not share your personal information with them, and are not responsible for their privacy practices. We suggest you read the privacy policies on all such third party websites.
If you interact with social media features on our Services, such as use your social media credentials to log-in or post content, these features may collect information about your use of the Services, as well as post information about your activities on the social media service. Your interactions with social media companies are governed by their privacy policies.
Controlling your Personal Data
Other users may be able to identify you, or associate you with your account if you include personal information in the content you post publicly. You can reduce the risk of being personally identified by using our Services pseudonymously, though doing so would limit your site usage. Please also note that the messages you send or receive using our Services are only private to the extent that both you and the sender/recipient keep them private. For example, we do not have any control over whether a recipient of one of your messages publicly posts it or its contents. Similarly, Cravvings may also access such messages in the course of investigations relating to use of our Services.
Data Retention and Account Termination
Children under 13
The Service is intended for general audiences and is not directed to children under 13. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you become aware that a child has provided us with personal information without parental consent, please contact us. If we become aware that a person submitting personal information is under 13, we will delete the account and any related information as soon as possible.
We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. However, no method of transmission over the Internet or via mobile device, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Therefore, while we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.